Join DERT’s Board
DERT’s Board of Directors is made up of members of our community that have chosen to volunteer their time and resources to restore the Deschutes estuary. Our vision is to restore the estuary and restore our community but we can’t achieve this vision without your help. Submit the form at the bottom of this page to apply to join DERT’s Board of Directors.
To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, financially contribute, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of the Deschutes Estuary Restoration Team and support DERT’s mission and needs.
Expectations of board members
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by DERT’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote DERT’s mission and programs to the community.
- Raise funds for DERT’s continued operations and special projects.
- Become familiar with DERT’s finances, budget, and financial/resources needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of DERT.
- Financially support DERT in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
- Keep financial information and operational strategies confidential.
Length of term
Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board. Terms will be staggered amounts board members to provide continuity on issues and policy.